Free Drop-In Learn to Skate Program
Steele Heights Community League Rink
5825 140 Avenue
For participants of all ages! Children 5 and under require a parent or guardian to attend.
Fun and basic skills are the focus of these free drop-in skating programs. Participants will be exposed to various skating drills and games while participating in skating skills at their own pace. The program will be adapted to the age and skill level of the participants dropping in.
Every Friday Night
January 16 – February 13
Times: 4:30 – 7:30 PM
FAMILY SKATE (All Ages Welcome)
**The program will cancel at -20 degrees celsius or colder with wind-chill**
Participants must have their own skates.
A CSA approved helmet is also mandatory for participation.
Thanks to the hard work of our Rink volunteers our ice rink is open!
Currently the Hockey Rink is open. The Family Skating Rink will be open soon.
The regular hours* are as follows:
Monday - Friday 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday 12:00 p.m. 10:00 p.m.
- There is not always regular supervision on site so use the ice at your own risk
- all users, children and adults, must wear a helmet to use the ice
- The Hockey Rink is on the west and has rink boards. The Family Skating Rink is on the east and has a snowbank boundary. Please respect the different uses for each rink.
- There are also no outdoor washrooms on site. Periodically the rink shack will be open and light concession items and a washroom for skaters may be available.
- All users must follow any posted rules and follow direction given by volunteers on site.
- Rink will be closed if temperature falls below -20 C
*closure dates and times are subject to change. Please follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook for the most up to date information.
For the last few months we have been part of the Northeast Voice. This newsletter services York neighbourhood as well as neighbourhoods around the area of us. By moving to this format we have been able to reach even more people with information about our neighbourhood.
Are you interested in helping with the newsletter? We are currently looking for a Newsletter Editor to oversee our contributions to the paper. Contact the League if interested.
You can read the current issue at the following website: communityleaguenews.com/northeast-news
Show Your Card and Save at These Local Businesses